As provided in Education Code Section 15278, the role of the Citizens’ Oversight Committee is to inform the public concerning the expenditure of revenues received from $66 million in bond sales. The 12-member Oversight Committee will be comprised of individuals from local businesses, senior citizen organizations, organizations involved with schools, a bona fide tax payers’ organization, legal, technical, and financial advisors, as well as involved parents of children residing in the Piedmont Unified School District.
The Citizens’ Oversight Committee is required to:
- Prepare an annual report to the community about the management and expenditures of bond funds.
- Make physical inspections of bond program projects during construction.
- Review related District documents to gather information for the preparation of reports to the community.
- Review required annual independent financial and performance audits of bond program projects as required by Proposition 39.
- Report to the Board of Education annually.
Members of the Citizens’ Oversight Committee:
- Grier Graff, a community member who has served on the Board of Education and a broad range of City of Piedmont and PUSD commissions and committees, including the Seismic Safety Bond Program Citizens Oversight Committee.
- Julie Caskey, a parent and attorney who has served on elementary and middle school parent boards.
- Adam Christensen, a parent and technology executive with experience in technology investment.
- Kim Dao, a parent with brand and team management experience.
- Andrew Hempeck, a parent and member of the Parcel Tax Subcommittee, with experience in capital markets
- Kyung-Hee Howard, a community member with experience in capital markets and bond sales.
- Jonathan Levine, a parent and attorney who has served on the Piedmont City Council and a broad range of City of Piedmont commissions and committees.
- Melissa Wilk, a parent and auditor for Alameda County who previously served as an administrative finance manager for Alameda County.
The COC will issue an annual report to the community about the management and expenditure of bond program funds and inspect the bond program projects during construction.
2017-18 Meeting Dates:
September 28, 2017 – D.O. Board Room
December 7, 2017 – TBD
March 29, 2018 – D.O. Board Room
June 28, 2018 – D.O. Board Room